Featured post

Shaming the 'Fat-Shamer's'

"It's really not glandular, it's your gluttony...We object to the enormous amount of food resources you consume while  half ...

Sexy Is as Sexy Feels

20 March 2017

                       

I did a shoot recently for the Big Tights Company and it got me thinking about sex.
Noooo get your dirty little mind out the gutter!!
 It was just modelling some of their stockings, but the reason it made me wonder was purely because of how sexy I actually felt !
So that's me in the picture and I have to say I think I look damn fine but there's allot of people that will look at the same picture and will think the opposite and it got me thinking...
Sex sells.
Sex literally sells everything these days.
From the clothes we wear to the things we do to the food we eat.
And to be perfectly honest I'm not a prude, so I really don't have an issue with that, I'm all about the sex.
What I do have an issue with is how the world is being brainwashed into thinking that sexy can only be one body type. You know what I mean .
I'm talking about Ass, Boobs and just no fat anywhere else.
I hate that nowadays we let other people determine how sexy we are . It's crazy because what one person views as sexy another doesn't! It's purely down to personal opinion!!
Now I'm not bringing this subject up for no reason.
It's just that I can honestly say, it was the first time I had ever worn a set of stockings!!! Mainly because I'm not about that chaffing life. ( you know what I'm talking about ) .
I don't know whether it's just been that not many companies cater exclusively for plus sizes like BTC do or if it's because the media tells us that big isn't sexy.

But I can tell you that when I pulled those soft shiny stockings up and clipped on the suspenders I felt ...powerful. I felt so damn sexy it almost forced confidence on me. And I suddenly realised.  I don't need anyone else to tell me I'm sexy I need ME to tell me I'm sexy. Now don't get me wrong it certainly helps if someone else says your beautiful but I've quickly realised one thing.

We are as sexy as we feel not as sexy as we're told.

Other people's opinions about our bodies only have as much power as we give them. We can either listen to the media in the background telling us we're too skinny/fat/tall/short/dark/pale or we can listen to ourselves.

So if you find yourself questioning your sexiness, ask yourself;
Am I doing this because I don't think I'm sexy or am I doing this becuase THEY don't think I am?

Be confident.  Be yourself.  Be happy.  And seriously Just Be... Your Way xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS