Featured post

Shaming the 'Fat-Shamer's'

"It's really not glandular, it's your gluttony...We object to the enormous amount of food resources you consume while  half ...

Motivation,Shmotivation

17 December 2015

Body Confidence is a relative concept. What it takes to make me confident in myself may not necessarily be the same for you, and vise-versa. As such, I can't tell you how to love yourself (if only it was that easy!!) I can only make suggestions. One avenue people use in the gym ( aka Satan's playground). The problem for many is actually getting to there. And here we have it, that word we have thrown at us from our most informative years: Motivation.

One of the hardest things about losing weight/getting healthy is motivation. I have never been motivated to lose weight before in my life! I’d diet for maybe two days and the lure of pizza would become too strong. Next thing I know I have a food baby and I’m suffering the effects of eating the entire pie of Pizzary goodness in 30 minutes.

Today I weighed myself for the first time in a little while to discover I’d lost an entire stone. How? I haven’t exercised in weeks and had MacDonald’s yesterday. I’m not entirely sure. But it does prove one thing.  Basic changes make a huge difference, all I did was substitute my normal take away meals for huge salads, cut chocolate back to maybe twice a week, substituted crisps for plantain chips and popcorn and drank allot of water. I exercised a few times a week but didn’t go crazy. I still ate Mac Donald’s and pizza every now and again and couldn’t stop drinking juice!

But guess what? It freaking worked!! 14 lbs gone!! Can you tell? Not even a little bit. But guess what? I don’t care! I don’t care if I still wear the same size, or if no one has noticed I’ve lost weight. I did it! I accomplished something I’d never been able to do and if there was any indication that living a healthier lifestyle was good then this would be it!

So here is my advice for my friends struggling to motivate themselves:

Don’t sweat it! Your motivation will come from yourself, don’t let anyone pressure you to lose weight, don’t do it for a man, don’t do it for Society's opinions of you or your friends, do it for you.

Alternatively; you could just not blooming bother! Screw the gym. Forget being sweaty and in pain. Do you even realize how much my ass hurts right now? Enjoy your burrito! Have fun with Ben and Jerry! Laugh at those 'real' gymers who get up at stupid-o'clock while you're in the arms of the angels in bed. Who cares!? As long as you’re happy with yourself does it really matter what anyone else thinks!?

NO. It doesn’t.

Society and the media would have us all believe that how many likes we get on a picture, or how many compliments we received, or whether you can fit in a size 4 is what matters. It conditions us to believe that beauty is based on certain checklists: Tall. Check. Size zero. Check. etc.


I’m going to let you in on a little secret. It’s a bunch of horse-crap.


Other peoples’ opinions of you don’t matter. They don’t freaking know you! My advice is to give them this face:
And calmly move on with your life. I don't think Kevin could have expressed it better personally.

         At the end of the day people always feel its okay to give their opinions about things that have nothing to do with them but just remember, in then end, the only opinion about you that matters, is your own. 

So exercise or don’t bother: Just Be….Your way xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS